Ready to Lose? Join the Challenge!
✔ 30 brand-new Fall workout challenges (all fitness levels welcome!)
✔ Access ALL workouts, ALL month long (over 150 minutes of workout variety)
✔ Easy to use "10 Pound Challenge" app
✔ Weekly weigh-ins (and prizes!)
✔ Daily motivation
✔ 4 FUN Trainers & a Registered Dietitian at your fingertips
✔ Facebook "Live" 5K Race on Oct. 21st, 2017
✔ $2.00 from every sign-up goes to our Cancer Comfort fundraiser
It's super simple. Here's how it works:
- Sign up! ($12.00)
- Download our app: "10 Pound Challenge" for iPhone or Andriod.
- Complete ONE short, doable challenge per day (or more).
- Weigh in every Friday.
- Enjoy 24/7 support from Melanie, Shelley, Tori and Amy.
- COMMIT to do everything we say :) and to be willing to try new things... for 30 days!
- Start date: Oct 1, 2017 (Miss the start date? No prob! Join anytime.)
- End date: Oct 30, 2017
- To be entered in prize drawings, participants must weigh-in each Friday by 11:59pm MST (Oct 6, 13, 20, 27).
- Bonus prize drawings may be announced and given away on social media. To be entered in social media drawings, participants must follow 10 Pound Challenge on Facebook or Instagram (prizes announced on both platforms).
- The $12.00 sign-up fee allows users to access and enjoy all daily challenge videos for 90 days (through Dec 31, 2017).
Wanna Rock This? Here are a few tips:
- Use the APP!
- Our unique app gives you access to over 30 mini-workouts that you can complete, repeat, reuse and remix as much as you like. These short, doable workouts are fun, motivating, and coached every step of the way by a 10 Pound Trainer.
- You’ll enjoy fresh new challenges for summer, like: HIIT, Dance, Kickboxing, Pilates, Barre, Tabata, Sculpting, Yoga, Meditation and more! Our goal is to help you experience new things and find your fitness passion. All fitness levels welcome!
- The app will:
- Play daily challenge videos.
- Log when you complete daily challenges.
- Log/track your weight.
- Send your “Friday Weigh-in” weight log directly to 10 Pound trainers.
- Notify you when prizes are being given away (if you allow the app to send you “push notifications”).
- Notify you when the trainers have a special message or bonus workouts for you.
- Notify you when LIVE workouts are happening on social media.
- Let you mix and match challenges to build your own workouts - or you can combine a daily challenge with your favorite trail run or weight session at the gym. Want to do a 15 min workout? Great pick 3 challenges, like Tabata, Sculpt and Pilates. YOU are in control and will have lots of options to experience new workouts, movements and ways to enjoy exercise.
- Weigh in every Friday!
- Enter and track your weight right in the app. We will be carefully tracking weekly weight reports and we will do prize drawings for those who check in with us each week.
- Join our Facebook and/or Instagram Community!
- Like our “10 Pound Challenge” Facebook page and/or Instagram page where we post daily tips, answer questions, and provide unique motivational and learning experiences to help you feel accountable and committed.
- Wondering about Nutrition?
- Get Melanie’s brand NEW meal plan: Fall Clean Up 2017!! It has all your favorite fall foods, easy recipes, handy grocery lists and flexibility so you can use it for months/years to come!
- Ask yourself what type of nutrition support you really need (structure or small bites), then try one (or all) of these strategies to tackle your nutrition:
- Take nutrition one day at a time, with us, as we post daily nutrition tips and challenges in the app on on social media.
- Need structure? Purchase one of Melanie’s structured meal plans here (complete with groceries, recipes and carefully planned nutrient profiles – plus yummy, easy, family-friendly foods!)
- Find/use your own meal plan – one that works for you and your family’s unique needs and circumstances.
- Email Melanie Douglass, R.D., with your nutritional questions. She’s happy to help, anytime.
- Do the most important thing of all: make at least one positive nutritional change! (Cut the soda, reduce portions, eat more protein, eat more veggies, cut late-night snacks… all of these are positive changes).
About Amy's Cancer Comfort Project:
Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.
-Vincent Van Gogh
Standard procedure for a mastectomy is to put suction tubes inside the breast and bags to been worn outside to help the body heal. The tubes and bags are cumbersome and pull on the already injured body. Most patients keep them for 2-4 weeks post surgery. After Amy’s surgery, the Huntsman Cancer Institute gave her large safety pins to pin each of her two drainage tubes to her clothes. The safety pins pulled and ruined her clothes, poked her and were hard to use. Her husband saw a carabineer in a store and bought that to connect the tubes to her clothes. It was much more practical, she could hook them in the shower and it helped from causing more pain. Each doctor’s appointment her doctors commented that it was a great idea. It was a small thing that made Amy’s cancer situation more comfortable. Amy and the 10 Pound Challenge team want to create more comfort for others in Amy’s situation. All the additional proceeds will go toward buying carabineers and providing more comfort to others facing the breast cancer battle.
About the trainers:
Melanie Douglass is the creator of the 10 Pound Challenge. She is a Registered Dietitian, group fitness instructor and personal trainer who has held national certifications with AFAA, ACE, NASM, NSCA, AEA, and SPINNING. Her experiences as a best-selling author, fitness video producer, business owner, and international presenter pushed her create countless workouts which are now promoted and shared worldwide.
Shelley Dawson resides in Logan Utah with her husband and 5 beautiful children. She is passionate about health and fitness. She is Director of the Pilate's program at Sports Academy in Logan Utah, a STOTT certified instructor, 500 hr RYT , NASM certified personal trainer, AFAA certified and has over 9 years of experience in teaching group fitness.
Amy Davis is the Group Fitness Director of Sports Academy and Racquet Club. She is a 500-hour Registered Yoga Teacher, group fitness instructor, and Stott trained Pilates instructor. Amy spends her weekends training Yogis through Yoga Assets to become 200 RYTs and her weekdays teaching fitness classes at SARC and to USU students.
Tori Meacham is a Group X Instructor, presenter and trained dancer with over 20 years experience. She specializes in choreography classes (cardio ballet, zumba and hip-hop dance), hardcore cross-training, innovative body sculpting and indoor cycling. If you want a tough workout with someone that is your biggest fan, Tori is your chick!